The West Cloverhurst Avenue Historic District is centered on West Cloverhurst Avenue between Springdale Street and South Milledge Avenue and was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007. It is a residential neighborhoods adjacent to the Milledge Avenue Historic District one mile from Downtown Athens. Most of the houses in the historic district were built bertween the mid-1930s and the mid-1950s and are English vernacular Revival-style, Colonial Revival Style, American small houses and ranches. The area used to be part of a 200 acre farm purchased by Henry Hull Carlton in 1885 and the driveway that connected the house to Milledge Avenue is now West Cloverhurst Avenue.
360 West Cloverhurst
This Craftsman-style house was built in 1911. It has many characteristics of the Craftsman style, including a low-pitched gabled roof with broad eaves and brackets, a large front porch supported by wider columns, dormer windows, and half-timbering.
375 West Cloverhurst
This home was built in 1916 and is a rare example of English Arts and Crafts architecture in Georgia. The English Arts and Crafts revived interest in English domestic architecture of the middle ages, which inspired the Craftsman style in America, characteristics of which can be seen in this house. Characteristic features include asymmetry of plan and variety of roof height, casement windows with small leaded panes, half-timbering, dormer windows, contrast in color between the white stucco and the dark wood, and honesty of material with little ornamentation.